Seed Awards in Science - The Wellcome Trust
Seed Awards help researchers develop novel ideas that will go on to form part of larger grant applications to Wellcome or elsewhere. Up to £100,000 is available for a duration of up to two years.
The research we support includes these broad areas:
- Genetics and molecular science
- Cellular and developmental science
- Neuroscience and mental health
- Infection and immuno-biology
- Population and health
These awards give researchers the opportunity to use innovative methodologies and carry out a broad range of activities, such as:
- Pilot and scoping studies
- Preliminary data gathering
- Proof-of-principle studies
- Planning sessions
- Collaborative network meetings
This will be the final round of Seed Awards in Science offered by The Wellcome Trust.