Introduction to Intellectual Property is designed to help Imperial entrepreneurs understand what Intellectual Property (IP) is, the role of IP in growing a business and how to build an IP portfolio.
Monday 26 March 2018, 9.30am – 1.00pm
Imperial White City Incubator
The module is followed by a networking lunch from 1.00pm – 2.00pm.
- understand how to identify, evaluate and capture your intellectual property in order to secure intellectual property rights;
- learn to devise an IP strategy in line with the business model;
- hear IP best practices, examples and case studies;
- find out how to build and manage an IP portfolio.
Cost of participation
This module is dedicated to members of Imperial College London community: academics, staff, students and alumni and participation is free of charge.
- IP with real life examples
- patents and the patenting process
- how to read and search patent literature
- the importance of who owns a patent will be discussed and why this is crucial in any due diligence process with potential investors
- overview of how to plan and build an IP portfolio to support business development and attract investment
The course will be delivered by IP experts from Imperial Innovations who have significant experience in helping spinouts identify, register and protect their IP.
Detailed instructions on how to get to the Incubator are available from the link below
This event is intended for and will prioritise members of the Imperial College London community. If you sign up and cannot show you are a member of staff, a student, an alumni or a research at Imperial we will move your registration to the waiting list.
Please note: by registering for this event, you agree to receive e-mail notification from Imperial Innovations on upcoming events.