Introduction to Intellectual Property is designed to help Imperial entrepreneurs understand what Intellectual Property (IP) is, the role of IP in growing a business and how to build an IP portfolio.
Thursday 28 March 2019, 9.30am – 1.00pm
Imperial White City Incubator
The module is followed by a networking lunch from 1.00pm – 2.00pm.
- understand how to identify, evaluate and capture your intellectual property in order to secure intellectual property rights;
- learn to devise an IP strategy in line with the business model;
- hear IP best practices, examples and case studies;
- find out how to build and manage an IP portfolio.
Cost of participation
This module is dedicated to members of Imperial College London community: academics, staff, students and alumni and participation is free of charge.
- IP with real life examples
- patents and the patenting process
- how to read and search patent literature
- the importance of who owns a patent will be discussed and why this is crucial in any due diligence process with potential investors
- overview of how to plan and build an IP portfolio to support business development and attract investment
The course will be delivered by IP experts from Imperial Innovations who have significant experience in helping spinouts identify, register and protect their IP.
Detailed instructions on how to get to the Incubator are available from the link below
This event is intended for and will prioritise members of the Imperial College London community. Please register with an Imperial email address where possible.
Please note: we will contact you through the eventbrite platform with updates on this event. You can set communication preferences for future events when you sign up.
On the same day
Also on 28 March 2019, Innovation Academy will deliver "Funding and Finance for Startups", offering insight into how to get funding for your start-up company.