Imperial White City Incubator
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an EU regulation which will become enforceable on 25 May 2018. It is intended to strengthen and unify data protection within the European Union. This free-to-attend workshop for SMEs will provide guidance on the nature and scope of GDPR and how your business can comply with the new regulation.
Who should attend the workshop?
GDPR is relevant to businesses of all sizes that hold data about people from the European Union. It is important for start ups to understand the General Data Protection Regulation as it will enable them to put in policies and procedures now, which will make them compliant and remain as the companies grow.
- What is GDPR and why is it necessary
- How is it different from the previous data protection regulation
- Dispelling the current GDPR myths
- More detail about GDPR and how it will affect businesses especially start ups
- How GDPR will affect marketing
- The importance of consent within GDPR but how there are other ways that you can become compliant
- How to become compliant
Cost of participation
This module is dedicated to Small and medium-sized enterprises and participation is free of charge.
The presenters are GDPR experts from an IT company and a law firm and will discuss the topic from different angles.