LDEye Outpatient is an integrated solution for Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) patients consisting of:
- A smart mobile application for coaching and monitoring patients' diet and exercise during their daily activities at home
- A cloud-based web platform for the management of patients by doctors and dietitians with the capability of direct communication and the storage/analysis of data.
NAFLD is a very common disorder and refers to a group of conditions in which there is an accumulation of excess fat in the liver of people who drink little or no alcohol. NAFLD represents an increasing cause of chronic liver disease and its prevelance has grown with obesity, sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy diet and metabolic syndrome. In fact, NAFLD is now the most common cause of chronic liver disease in many developed countries, affecting 30% of the population. There is currently no approved pharmacotherapy available to treat NAFLD. The first line treatment is a combination of dietary modifications and increased physical activity, which be difficult to encourage, monitor and maintain.
To address the challenge of empowering patients and clinicians to better manage lifestyle, the inventors have designed a novel mobile application entitled LDEye.
The smart phone application allows patients to:
- Improve their overall fitness, health and lifestyle
- Track various physical exercises and activities
- Record a variety of information like food, alcohol and water intake
- Manage health and environmental records such as heart rate, blood pressure and glucose levels using:
- built-in sensors
- third-party devices
- Get motivated in fitness regime by collecting goals and setting challenges
- Store data locally and synchronise with the central system
- Be in direct contact with their doctor or caregiver
Through the central platform, clinicians can access the records and analyse patients’ diet, food intake/exercise balance and alcohol habits.
The central web application features:
- Secured and role-based main dashboards for:
- System Managers
- Access to a rich set of modules and real-time track of users and their behaviour, based on permissions
- Data collection and reporting tools
- Provide multiple information about the patient’s status
- Manage trends, abnormal situations and issues
- Provide notifications and guidelines for various cases
- Support for multi-linguality
Further detail is included in the downloadable datasheet.