What we do
We work with researchers at Imperial College London to help develop their novel research into new businesses, products or services.
We support the process of taking an idea from the lab into the market. Importantly, we take the commercial risk, paying for IP protection up-front – Imperial inventors don’t pay a penny to work with us.
- We assess inventions, considering commercial potential, the state of the market and development requirements
- We protect intellectual property through patents and other appropriate forms of intellectual property protection
- We provide advice on establishing proof of concept, using our commercial experience to inform inventors about what businesses want to see
- We may provide development funding or support inventors in their applications for funding from other sources
- We advise on IP and commercial strategy
- We manage the licensing process (including negotiations and post-deal administration)
- Our Venture Support Unit establishes new businesses, finds mentors and management and provides access to preferred suppliers
- Above all we are flexible in our support – capable of executing novel deals and providing unique support where required.